Friday, February 6, 2009

Many Thanks!

We just want to take the opportunity to thank all of our friends and family for their love and support. The holidays are always a time of reflection for me and this year I feel so blessed to have so many great people in our lives, especially Madison. They say it takes a villag to raise a child...and I see truth in that statement. Madison is so lucky to have so many amazing people who will influence her life in such a positive way. She is already so loved by many and I know she will grow to love all of you (she still has to meet most of you)! :) I find comfort in knowing there are so many people who will take part in her growth both spiritually and emotionally...she is one lucky girl. I also know that Madison will bless our lives and teach us so many things...she already has taught us a thing or two. As her mom, Madison has already taught me to appreciate the little things. She has taught me to notice and cherish little ordinary things that I may have otherwise overlooked. I have also learned to live in the moment. That has proven to be the most challenging thing for me thus far. I don't worry about Madi as an infant or a child but I do tend to worry about life as an adult with down syndrome. What will school be like, will people tease her, will people judge her before they even get to know her, will she ever marry...it can go on and on. I worry about the times that I won't be there to protect her and stand up for her. In these times, Dave reminds me to take one day at a time. It is also during these times that knowing all of you are supporting her (and us) means so much to me. I know Madi is so loved and she will always know how special she is to each and every one of us...and I want to thank you for that. You all mean so much to our family and I find comfort knowing Madi will be surrounded by so many loving people. I know Madi has a bright and exciting future and I am excited to see what God has in store for us. We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment